Tag Archives: all natural

A healthy lifestyle is totally within your control! Many people are surprised to learn that only about 20 percent or our health is a result of genetics, while the other 80 percent is a result of the lifestyle choices we make each day!

Your parents may have passed on a predisposition for some health issues to you, but that doesn’t determine your future. My wife’s father had a predisposition for high cholesterol, and so does she. But, by monitoring her health, eating the right foods and exercising regularly, her cholesterol is only slightly above normal. She has been able to … Read the rest

Posted in healthy lifestyle | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

5 Tips for Making the Best Food Choices

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but it seems like things are always changing at the supermarket. Even though the number of new food products has dropped in recent years (largely because of the economic downturn), there are still about 20,000 new food products introduced each year.

Even more staggering is that the average super market stocks 40,000 to 50,000 food products today. How can you as a consumer possibly hope to make sense of so many choices?

First, it is vital to understand the difference between the marketing claims that food … Read the rest

Posted in eat right | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

That’s a really good question, as it turns out! It seems like their are “all natural” versions of everything from ice cream to salad dressing, from potato chips to dog food. So what does it actually mean when a product says it is “all natural?”

Actually, the term has never been fully defined. The most meaningful guidance comes from an FDA informal policy written more than 20 years ago. In that policy, they define “natural” to mean “nothing artificial or synthetic is included in, or has been added to, the product that would not normally be expected to be there.”… Read the rest

Posted in adult health, children health, food labels, healthy eating | Tagged , , | Leave a comment